"Sell all dupes" script

General TTA Discussion
turdz
TTA ID: 51813

"Sell all dupes" script

Post by turdz »

**UPDATE: Now working for FFXV and should no longer be crashing**

Tired of blowing 50k on packs, getting no rares and spending hours selling lv1s for 3 points each? This is the post for you!

I've updated a script created by a previous player to work on the current iteration of the site. For this to work you'll need to get a browser extension that handles scripts (I'm using Chrome and added Tampermonkey, others will exist for other browsers, I'm not the one to advise) - but once the script is saved it will recognise which pages it should work on.

I did NOT write this myself and certainly couldn't write something like this from scratch, I've just done enough to adapt it to work and hope it will be as useful for others as it was for me on the old site.

Copy the below directly into your script extension as a new script:
https://pastebin.com/jA54JvqE

It places some extra options at the bottom of each sellcards page - you can only sell one level at a time, but it will still be considerably faster than the alternative. In here you set filters of cards you'd like to exclude from being sold.

https://ibb.co/ZShty5V

These filters prevent certain cards being sold, for example in the above picture:
[*] No rares/semis/unlocks will be sold
[*] No FF6 cards will be sold
[*] Specifically no instances of cards 101 or 102 will be sold
[*] I will keep a minimum of 2 of each card that can be sold.

I suggest putting a 1 in the "keep" box rather than leaving it blank. Theoretically the site shouldn't be able to sell your last card as the script will only allow things that naturally work with the sellcards page, but better to be safe than sorry.

So for example if you only wanted to sell your FF9 dupes, you could tick every box except for FF9, and it would sell just those and ignore others.

You can save your settings on each PAGE by clicking the save filters button (by page I mean lv1, lv2 etc are on different pages so you'll need to save the default settings on all of them individually if you want them to be the same)

A few disclaimers:
[*] The original script was created by Triad Freak, I did NOT write this myself and am no expert, I just updated it to work with the new site. It worked perfectly on the old site.
[*] You're responsible for using the filters properly, me or Dal won't do anything to get your cards back if you sell the wrong thing.
[*] It shouldn't be able to do anything that the sellcards page can't naturally do. Shouldn't.
[*] I've been hearing about people getting white screens / site lags when selling a lot of dupes naturally since the site came back. That's not something I've come across myself, but I'm not sure what effect that would have on this script unfortunately.
[*] I am running it on a laptop, I haven't tested it on a tablet or phone, but if you can get the relevant extension on your device browser I can't see why it wouldn't work.
[*] The rare/semi/unlock card IDs are hard coded in the background of the script. Therefore, it doesn't currently cover FFXV which hasn't been added yet, it will need updating if/when that goes live. Once that happens I'll update it as soon as I can, but don't come crying to me if you sell Lunafreya for 200 points.

Basically, use it at your own risk, but hope this is of help to someone!
Last edited by turdz on Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turdz

Re: "Sell all dupes" script

Post by turdz »

Unfortunately it sounds like this is hitting a wall when selling high volumes at the moment (I assume related to the issue that some people mentioned in that selling a lot of dupes quickly locks them out the site).

It is worth trying anyway and worked for me using a small number of dupes today, manipulating the filters to sell smaller batches at once may also help.
turdz

Post by turdz »

Script has been updated in the first post and reminder of link below:
https://pastebin.com/jA54JvqE

Massive thanks to Zero who has way more coding knowledge than me for updating this to include FFXV and also putting in a time delay that means it should no longer crash TTA for people selling a large volume of dupes.

It would be nice to be faster (and the original was) but it looks like the server just nopes out at a lot of repeat requests at the moment so manually selling the same card many times has the same problem. For now I think this is the cleanest way to sell many cards at once and hopefully something can be done server side to fix the wider issue.
Seekay

Post by Seekay »

How do I add this to firefox? ANy help is appreciated.