Devas

Kaus Debonair
TTA ID: 60

Devas

Post by Kaus Debonair »

Omg I just couldn’t help myself. Made you look :)
Yevon

Re: Devas

Post by Yevon »

Kaus is back 😊
Midas.com
TTA ID: 80716

Post by Midas.com »

Got me!
Homer
TTA ID: 39371

Post by Homer »

Lads
Sachi
TTA ID: 45630

Post by Sachi »

*pulls on gate*

LET ME IIIIIIN
cifey
TTA ID: 1608

Post by cifey »

You know, this thread is the closest thing to a "talk about random off-topic BS" sub forum. I actually hoped this was a real Devas clan thread and I'm rather sure I would've rejoined the roster! Remember how edgy I was, calling myself the "Stillborn Deva"? Just how edgy can one be... And now since this whole thread has turned out to be a joke, I just can't help but share what happened to me minutes ago:

Remember when I did all that graphics stuff like custom cards, signatures, avatars etc.? Well, I do. People went crazy over my incomprehendible skills and I was some sort of pixel-morphing celebrity. They couldn't get enough of my artsy juice. And then there was Brenn who called my overrated (I remember that one really well). And I remember how I used to host that stuff on one of those obnoxious 2000's sites called photobucket.com. When they reached out to me in myriads in order to pull me back to the freshly revived TTA, I thought to myself I might use one of those old avatars in these very forums. Maybe the gloomy one which zooms into a girl's face and then there's a flash and it reads "Cife" or "Flow" or "DeusX" or whatever nick I used to sport in my late edgy teenage days around that time. Most of that sh** went online between 2007 and 2011, which was like wayyy over 10 years ago.

So I visited photobucket.com where I was confronted with problem #1: I hadn't logged into photobucket in like 10 years and couldn't remember my username and password for freckles' sake. Solution: I paid a quick visit to web.archive.org, looked up old snapshots of ttadvance.ca/forums, found my old account in one of THOUSANDS snaps... which didn't display an avatar. <:'( However, I dug way deep into the source code and found that my ava used to link to photobucket.com/Ciphe... "Ciphe", what was edgy late teenage cife even thinking?

Awright, here we go. I hit the road straight to photobucket.com, entered my rediscovered username, tried the password I used to use back in the days when I used the same password for literally everything and it worked! HOWEVER.. problem #2 emerged. As soon as I was logged in, there was a HUGE error message, all in red and bold which read: you can't upload sh** if you don't pay at least three fiddy. I was like: "... THREE FIDDY?! I ain't gonna give you a damn three fiddy, you f***ing Loch Ness monster!", and I had the BRILLIANT idea to strip some of the URL so that it only read "photobucket.com/u/Ciphe".. there was some /Ciphe/payffswarning BS before. It finally allowed me to view ALL of my old gems and.. you know how nostalgia tends to play tricks on us, making us believe that everything used to be oh so amazing back in the days? Well, there they were, my old creations in all their glory. Sigs and avas, the acclaimed Megaman Battle Network deck, all the goodies I entered into contests (I usually won by a landslide and a half)... and by today's standards I would say that at least 97% of that is complete garbage. Everything looks like the result of an Adobe Photoshop tutorial just being slightly modified in order to keep true to my orders. And that's what it was. I pretty much copied the same techniques over and over again, changed some colours/images/names, most of which wouldn't have taken me more than half an hour if I hadn't been a master of procrastination.

So when I finally browsed through my old photobucket account and I recognized just how sh***y all that stuff was, I also remembered that I had never considered myself a great artist. In fact, Brenn was right. I was okay, but I was overrated. I had always been fluttered by how much most of everybody praised my work and I never really thought I deserved that. However, when I went through all those memories I was also reminded of all the gratitude I received. People were happy when I provided them with some flashy avas and signatures (usually even free of charge!) and in fact there was a time, quite a long time even, when it meant a whole f***ing lot to my edgy late teenage self that I could cause such joy all over this board when there wasn't much else I had at that time. When people wore my sigs and avas and my game boards and waiting screens were used on TTA for public display. I'm really grateful for those days, for every smile I caused and for everyone I met who crossed my path and made those days worthwhile. That excludes wazzup.

Here's some gems I stumbled across:
wazzup

Post by wazzup »

This was very close to being a lovely and nostalgic read/adventure. Just one tiny little slip up at the end. Probably a typo.